Sunday, April 18, 2010

Forget About That Stupid Bumper Sticker Saying, "Start Seeing Motorcycles" -- When The Hell Are Motorcycles Going To Start Seeing Us???

I've recently heard the arrogance of these bicycle extremists, pedalers who take advantage of the green movement and flout the rules of the road, even yelling at pedestrians and flipping off drivers who actually are obeying the laws. But I've always had a thing against people on motorcycles because for years they've done the exact same thing. I thought they've been better lately, but then this incident on Friday happened.

I've been trying to get to "work" but was late because ambushed me with a call-in for her meds and then didn't know where the code for one of her meds were. I would've been only 5 minutes late instead of 15. Anyway, I was at the stoplight and I hear this roar to the left of me. Then I look and see it's a motorcycle, a big white shiny one (therefore it's not a Harley-Davidson/a "real" motorcycle) pull up. The guy on it was white, had sunglasses and a mullet and, of course, had no helmet on.

And then, as if he wanted to live down to his stereotype, he turns off of his lane, cuts between my car and the car in front of me, and looks at the oncoming traffic. I'm turning right, and now this asshole is turning right right in front of me! You have to wait your fucking turn, prick, and it doesn't matter that you're in a motorcycle!!!

I'm pissed. So the only thing I could do is quickly spin my wheels and take a right as soon as this biker takes a right. And now we're going where we want to go, but in separate lanes. I don't know if he suspect anything. If I really wanted to communicate my displeasure at his cutting in line, I would've moved over a lane, or cut in front of him. And I still have half a mind thinking I should've done that.

There are just so many people who think motorcycle riders are the victims here. They don't seem to get that it's their choice to ride a two-wheeled death machine really fast, and the fact that others are in four doesn't mean they have to give a shit seems lost on them -- "But these guys are so vulnerable!!!" No, they're not, because I see them all the goddamn time weaving in and out of traffic without signaling and revving their engines loud enough to blow my ears out at intersections. They go out of their way to say, "We're bikers, we're here, get used to it!" And we have to move over for them when they're the ones not following the rules, like this son-of-a-bitch??? Fuck that.

I wish I had that guy's license; I would rat on him.

No comments:

Post a Comment