Sunday, August 19, 2018

Yep, I Forgot (Scheduled Post)

I forgot to call in in time.  Yeah, I though it would happen.  Had passing thoughts of doing things to make sure it didn't happen, like putting in a reminder on my phone (something I have never done before) or setting an alarm.  But those were indeed just passing thoughts.

You want excuses for why I didn't call in when I said I would?  Oh, I can give you excuses!  Never in my years of running for crews have I been this busy running virtually from the get-go.  An hour into my workday -- which started at 6, by the way, and this is after waking up at 2 and failing to fall back asleep -- I was sent back up a second time to wait for crew members to come and get their credentials and parking passes.  These are people, great people, who were scheduled to come in at 9 or 10 in the morning but instead wanted to come in earlier ... like 7:30.  Also, I was totally flummoxed because this idiot told me to get out of the security line and walk all the way around the corner to a different gate -- even though I had already passed through the metal detector.  Other members of the crew were following me through the gate and she stopped them, to which I told her, "But you let me through!" while holding my credential, which was around my neck.  And I swear to God this dumbass, in her Nerdlinger voice, pulls down her glasses and goes, "Yeah, sorry, you have to go out and go around too."  What a lazy fucking moron.

And finally I was sent out to get water.  Going out to Target I saw 35WS closed.  I didn't think that party of 35W would be closed, so I had to get on my phone and turn on my 3G to access Google Maps and Waze to figure out how to get back to the stadium at the time the guy I was working for wanted me to come back.  It was in this alternate route where I looked at the time on the dashboard.  I thought, "Hmmm, 8:20.  I imagine the guys are just starting work ... HOLY SHIT, I FORGOT TO CALL MY BOSS!!!  FUCK, FUCK, FUCK!!!"

I had to pull off to the nearest gas station to call her up.  I apologized profusely for not calling sooner.  Now I need to know how bad my mistake was.  I was told to call in before my shift, which on Saturdays begin at 8.  I have been led to believe that there is a difference between calling in sick before work and calling in sick during a shift.  Like I said in my previous blog post, I am already in trouble for not showing up for a day I did not get approval for missing.  The question now becomes whether I am in even deeper shit for not calling before my day starts.  My boss said that she knew that I was working this day, and that this was arranged before I even applied for this job.  But I have no idea if this even matters.  This is already considered an "unexcused" absence; have I made it worse by not calling in time, like I promised I would?

Dammit, I'm already dreading Tuesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment