Thursday, August 2, 2018

Have I Talked About My Broken Finger Yet?

Yeah, I think it's broken and I haven't done anything for it yet.

It's my left middle finger.  But here's the thing.  I first broke it (and I know it had to have happened then, even though I forget exactly when) when I was cracking my knuckles.  I crack them at all angles -- back, forward, and to the side.  When I got to my left ring finger -- not the middle, but the ring -- I didn't crack the knuckle.  Instead, I yanked the finger out of the socket with the rest of my hand.  Or at least I think I did.

It hurt like a mother, but I don't think I dislocated my ring finger, and it didn't hurt that much, so I forgot it.  However, the next time I cracked my left middle finger knuckle, it hurt.  Not excruciating pain, but I felt something that I don't feel in my other nine knuckles.  Furthermore -- and this is even weirder -- it feels as though my left middle knuckle needs cracking all the time.  I can be an obsessive knuckle-cracker, but I have never felt as though the knuckle needs it; I crack knuckles because I need it.  But ever since I pulled my left ring finger, I can get some noisy cracks from my left middle knuckle easily, almost too easily.

And lately it's been hard to wrap my fingers into a fist; there is a tension in my left middle finger that wants to pull it straight.  Also, and not for nothing, when I squeeze the sides of my left middle knuckle together, I feel pain.  This may have coincided with me yanking that ring finger out a second time -- yeah, I'm careless.  So I guess I need to get that checked out before something really bad happens to it.  And maybe then I can figure out how I injured my left middle finger after bending out of shape my left ring finger.

No comments:

Post a Comment