Saturday, August 4, 2018

First Week Thoughts

It's a lot of information, but I think I'm coping.

So far I like the people I work with and for.  There's one person who bangs on the keys.  Also, I just realized today that the supervisor I will need to answer to is on vacation right now.  (I met him Monday, but he had the rest of the week off.)  Will the good feeling I have fade with the change coming next week?  It's possible.

The worst thing about this week, as I've said before, is starting my shift at 6:30.  Oh, and by the way, I realized Wednesday that this job is shift work.  Oh, also, I can't eat at my desk.  That puts a crimp on a lot of things.

Nevertheless, these guys are trying to help me get comfortable as much as possible.  For example, I asked whether I could left the desk to make it a standing one, and my supervisor got a facilities person from another building to get me a frame.  I'm not using it now because I wanted to sit at the desk to its right.  And no one is caring that I'm not using something I requested.

So my weekend has already started.  I get Mondays off, which will be weird.  When I come back Tuesday, I'll see what else changes.  Fingers crossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment