Monday, August 6, 2018

So I was at the Blue Sun Soda/Pop Festival Saturday afternoon.  Got some street tacos from this food truck called Elevation 5280.  Nothing mind-blowing, but it was good.

As I was throwing away my plate I saw another plate in the garbage can -- full plate of three tacos, just like mine, totally uneaten.  Moments prior I saw a couple kids around that can, so I assume one of them throw these away.  They were untouched, immaculately so.  And all I could think about was the waste of food.  Again, they weren't great, but were they so bad that you took one look and decided you weren't going to eat it?  Also, these street tacos cost ten bucks.  You may not like it, but you have to at least take a bite before deciding they were inedible.  But no, not one.  Ten bucks in the trash, just like that.

They were on top of this garbage can, completely untouched by anything else.  So yes, for just a nanosecond I thought of ...

No comments:

Post a Comment