Friday, August 31, 2018

Whiny Mover Guy (Scheduled Post)

Spent the afternoon and evening helping *****e* move.  I and about seven other guys pitched in.  Man, that's a lot of handjobs she'll need to do to make up for it.

I got really tired near the end of my stay helping to move shit for her.  In fact, I got a little tirangry.  It may have come out as I was helping this dude try to pull *****e*'s treadmill up from downstairs.  I don't know if you've ever tried moving a treadmill, let alone pulling it up from downstairs, but trust me, it'll ruin you -- as it did me, who was helping pull that goddamn thing up 14 stairsteps when the other guy said it won't through the threshold unless we go all the way back down and rotate the treadmill so it's vertical, not horizontal.  That's when I dropped my head and reached for my back.

And I think it got around that I wasn't really projecting a positive image because a bit later *****e* checked up on me: "Are you OK?  How's your back?" she said, and even though I appreciate her concern, I know that she was concerned -- that she even knew about my quick tantrum -- because the guy who I was pulling that treadmill with told her.  And I'm not sure if he was actually being helpful, or if he said it like, "Dude, that handsome guy in the white t-shirt?  He's got a bad back, and he's dragging all of us down.  You've got to get rid of him!"  Again, I was getting so exhausted that I really wanted to leave.  But I don't know to be badmouthed behind my back, please.

And now I've got the reputation as the prick who whines a lot.  Great.

No comments:

Post a Comment