Friday, August 17, 2018

Oh, This Is Gonna Go Swimmingly ...

So I'm working the Vikings game this weekend.  For the first time ever, I'm working a preseason game.  It'll be for the broadcast of the visiting Jaguars, so even though a lot of my tasks will be familiar, the people I'll be working for will not.

Because of that, I'm coming into this with my eyes open and my guard up.  I don't know how things are going to work this weekend.  And because of that, I want to iron out as many wrinkles as possible and soon as possible.  And one of the very first things I need to settle is how I am going to get my pass -- the one thing that will allow me to go anywhere I need to go inside the stadium for the game.  I cannot step foot inside the stadium without one.  But how do I get it?

I have e-mailed the point person, the guy who got me this job, and he told me to sit tight.  Well, I'm still sitting tight, because I haven't heard from him.  So how the hell can I start my job tomorrow if I don't even know who to ask for my pass?

The only saving grace is that there are a lot of people coming in tomorrow at the same time as I.  A few of them I think I might even remember, either from crewing Vikings regular season games or the Super Bowl earlier this year.  We'll all be in the same boat, wondering just how in the hell are we supposed to do our jobs.  Wish us luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment