Saturday, August 11, 2018

Miss You, EPL

I've really gotten into the English Premier League the past, uh, four (?) years.  Even though it technically began yesterday, the really kickofff, with six games being played today, makes today the "official" start to the EPL season.  Because of that, I would have woken up extremely early, went down to either of the downtown pubs, ate for free for the first match (Newcastle hosting Tottingham Hotspur), then dinked around before I could bask in the multi-game setup that comes on at 9 o'clock.  (There are four games going on simultaneously today, for example.)

But I have this new job, and it's Tuesday through Saturday, and so I will miss this EPL season opener, and, in fact, nearly all EPL Saturdays for as long as I have this job.  It's a sacrifice that I need to make, but I will miss this time of year, where I have my time to myself to enjoy soccer how I want to.

Now, off to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment