Thursday, August 23, 2018

This Benefits Sign-Up Is Really Hard!

I have a week to go to enroll, and I thought tonight would be the night that I would finally grow up, be a man, and do it.  But I've just tried to go through it all and it's intimidating as hell.

I knew of one question I couldn't fully answer: What type of health insurance should I get?  But as I went through enrollment online I had other ones that I didn't even think of but should have.  Questions like:

  • What dental plan should I get?
  • Should I get a vision plan?
  • How about life insurance?  Damned if I know!
  • Do I want to buy into legal assistance?  Legal assistance?!
I had to back away and leave the screen before I committed to anything.  What if I get locked into something I don't want?  The only saving grace ... well, there are two.  One, I still have time to call around and ask questions in order to get more information on what to get.  And two, well, assuming I'm right, I will have to (or get a chance to, whatever is your perspective) re-enroll for 2019 very soon, maybe as soon as October 15 ... ?  So if I screw this up, I'll get a re-do in six weeks.

But right now I have six days, so maybe I'll hang tight.

No comments:

Post a Comment