Tuesday, April 6, 2010

What The Fuck Was I Thinking Now?

Father told me this afternoon that we were eating pizza, so what do I do?  I go watch a movie ... where I always get popcorn and Coke.  I was going to stuff my face this evening and I go and stuff my face this fucking afternoon.

Why in the hell did I do this?  I had something to write; I could've done that this afternoon.  (Shit, I'm doing this now and it's about last night's title game -- this is already old!)  I could've gotten my oil changed.  I could've returned home and rummaged through my papers to find my tax documents.  I could've done any of those things and prevented myself from stuff my face.  But instead I decided to take in a movie.  And it was Clash Of The Titans, which was very mediocre and starred Sam Worthington.  I've seen all three of his movies.  I'm not impressed with his acting in any of those films, and yet I keep watching him.  And I spent $12.75 watching something I could've gone through the rest of my life not watching.  That qualifies as a waste.

So why did I do it?  In a confusion of thoughts this afternoon I kind of decided on this, I guess.  Some shit happened this morning, stuff I'll get to some later time, and I wanted to give myself a break.  I could've had my car serviced today, but I figured I could do it Friday, and it'll be sunnier then, and there's a chance the mechanic might be in a foul mood because of the rain today, and besides I need gas, and the gas station attached to the repair shop for some reason has prices higher than other places, so I'll wait. ...  Something like that.  And the rain dampened my mood for filing my column.  I thought I would get my oil changed if I didn't see any good movie when I arrived there, but I thought ten minutes was enough to wait for COTT.

Worse yet, not only did we eat pizza, we ate at 5:30, about two hours after I finished my tub of popcorn.  I usually voraciously wolf down five, six, even seven slices of pizza, even in my advanced age.  But with my full stomach, I had trouble finishing my fifth pizza.  I probably consumed 3,000-500 calories today, and with Dancing With The Stars on tonight I won't be exercising it off.

What the fuck was I thinking?

No comments:

Post a Comment