Saturday, April 3, 2010

Can't Escape My Modem Problems

Modem fuckin' buggin' all goddamn day and night.  Planned on going to the coffeehouse tonight after the art show anyway because I had my fantasy baseball draft.  At least the Internet there is much more stable.

Things are going swimmingly with my online draft.  I'm actually happy with my players.  But then, third round from the last, my screen goes dark and my computer's telling me the connection's been lost.  But that can't be totally true because I can still see the countdown clock telling how much time I have left to make my pick.  So I wait, then I try to reload the screen, then I go back and try and click on a new screen.  Everything else is still working on the Internet except this, which is still trying to load.

Finally, after going back and reclicking, I have the live draft page up and running ... just in time to see the computer automatically make my second consecutive pick.  (Since I was at the end of the snake draft I got to pick back-to-back ... well, the computer picked for me.)  So I now have Jose Lopez, a man I've never heard of, and busted Adrian Beltre instead of the two pitchers I needed to round out my roster.  Right now, I am lacking a player in one of my Pitching spots.  Which one of these scrubs do I give up?

Oh yeah, and the new guy in my draft, the one invited through a friend, someone I've never met before, this asshole just drafted Dodgers.  If you're going to do that, why don't you just not do fantasy baseball and just go fucking watch the Dodgers?

No comments:

Post a Comment