Saturday, May 16, 2009

So I went to Subway this afternoon. Didn't plan on it, but it was in the same strip mall of the dry cleaner I went to for the first time, and I wanted to eat for lunch.

I saw that they had a fridge of bottled drinks. Looked at the menu: Small drink (which actually is the size of a medium, y'all know what I mean) was $1.40. The bottled Coke was $1.60.

And for some reason I got the bottled Coke. I think I wanted to buy it because I'd never done it before. But as soon as I sat down I mentally made a list of why it was wrong: It cost 20 cents more; the size of both were about equal, and if they weren't the fountain drink was bigger; I could actually get more from my small drink because I could drink some and then top off my drink, thus I'd get more for my money, which cost me 20 cents less in the first place; and I could put ice in it to keep it colder for longer (the bottle was up to room temperature halfway through). I made the wrong choice, and I regret it.

No comments:

Post a Comment