Tuesday, May 19, 2009

My Contact At Work Left Me

I'm a guinea pig at the U. -- y'all remember, no?  Well, the woman who was the person I said hi to, the person who made me sign all the forms at the end of my shift and gave me my money ... well, she's gone.  Today when I came in I was told by her boss (the woman who was my contact until she got her Ph. D., I think) told me she's no longer there because she graduated.

Shame.  I didn't know her a whole lot -- she's from Wisconsin and is married -- but that's OK.  She seemed friendly enough, and we didn't talk to the point where we talked about something about her I decided I didn't like about her.  Don't discount the easy, artificial relationship I have with my contact.  If her former boss finds another person who's kind of a prick, it makes it a little more difficult to find a reason come in three days a week.

Thing is, the last time I saw her was Friday.  I thought something was brewing when I overheard her saying she needed to pack, but I didn't want to say goodbye to her if she wasn't leaving the department.  Turns out that was her last day.  Not even a farewell?

No comments:

Post a Comment