Tuesday, May 26, 2009

The One Thing I Like About The Day After Memorial Day ...

... maybe all those damn Internet ads for Southwest's new service from Minneapolis/St. Paul to Denver will stop now. Shit! Every single time I checked my Yahoo! mail the past month/month and a half, and probably some other sites as well (there were so many ads I can't remember where I saw them) there was a little box announcing that three daily flights from MSP to DEN would begin May 26. Well, it's May 26. You've started. Stop promoting it!

I will say one thing. By a combination of pure saturation, the impending death of Northwest, and the expansion of Southwest into the state, the airline's campaign has made a huge (albeit obnoxious) impression on me. In fact, this may be the first Internet advertisement I've ever paid attention to. I don't especially like it, but the promotion did its job.

Oh yeah, another place I saw Southwest advertising is on the side of buses. You can stop that too.

No comments:

Post a Comment