Sunday, May 23, 2010

When I Get Hot, I Get Hot

First humid day of the year. Had to mow the lawn because it was getting way too long. So I sweat. A lot. Like perspiration on my eyeglasses. I do not function well in the heat. The sun gets oppressive, so I get confused, and I get quite short. Also, I don't want to be bothered when I'm working, doubly so when it's hot.

That's why I snapped at Father, even though I should't've because he wanted to show me something. Dude, I had my iPod on; I was in my own world, dude. And I saw the hesitation in his eyes when he asked me something when I went upstairs to get the broom to sweep the debris I mowed onto the neighbors next door. I gave him the narrow-eyed, "What the hell do you want now?" look, although I didn't snap at him so much as respond to him in the same annoying way he usually responds to me. He could've snapped at me, but for some reason he didn't, and we talked about some shit about ceiling light rebates.

And he just came up a third time because he wanted me to find where his corporation binder was. Good thing I just woke up, unlike yesterday, when he ruined my afternoon nap. And then he came up a fourth time because he wanted me to get the name of some Asian art professor he saw on public television. Sure, I'll put this in back of the to-do list, and I'll get around to it as soon as I get around to the umpteen other fucking goddamn things you're asking me to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment