Sunday, May 30, 2010

Worst $8.50 I Ever Spent

After working the Twins game, I didn't want to fight the traffic. So, even though I was fearful of what I could witness, I decided to stay downtown and watch the Lynx game, which is in Target Center, a stone's throw away from Target Field, connected to each other by Target Plaza.

Huge mistake. First, I was denied entrance by the security guard because I still had my backpack with me. That would've been fine except that I can't park as close as I have to the basketball arena anymore because they've extended the hours of enforcement on my favorite meters to daily instead of Mon.-Fri. The closest meters are now a full mile away, across a bridge. So it took me 15 minutes instead of 10 to ditch my backpack in the trunk of my car. What the hell, I took in a quick wine tasting on my way back.

I should've tasted more than one wine because the Lynx just shit themselves. I got back a half hour after I bought a scalped ticket, and when I got within viewing area of the game, there was less than two minutes left in the first quarter and the Jynx were down by five.

They got as close as four, but were down by as many as 21 before losing by 15.

These guys can't shoot, can't pass, can't rebound, can't defend, can't box out, can't hold on to the ball, can't steal, can't even shoot free throws right. Shit, they can barely take timeouts with any comprehension. This is such a fucking shitty team.

I had a thought at halftime about just fucking leaving and going to a strip club. I got in late, why not leave early? But Lindsay Whalen made her only three that game, so with an 11-point deficit going into the half, I decide I'm going to keep the faith and stay. Who knows, maybe I'll witness the turning point to this franchise's season!

I didn't. I even fuckin' ate a hot dog at halftime.

I should've just braved traffic. That way I could've gotten home and saw what turned out to be a pretty fucking entertaining Stanley Cup Final Game 1. Six to five Chicago? I justified going to the Lynx game by thinking it'd be a blowout one way or the other. I was wrong there, too.

What a fuckin' waste. The only thing I can do to make up for this is fuckin' blogging about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment