Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Day started with heavy stepping outside. Either I woke up early or Father's outside.

I decided to bluff and go out. Dammit, it is My Fucking Father ... and I'll be goddamn if he doesn't harp on me again for sleeping in. My excuse -- "I've been up since 10!" (It was 10:45.) Fuckin' asshole took the last word -- "Get up at 9."

But apparently he needed my help, and this time it wasn't frivolous: One of the sidedoors leading into the backyard was ripped off its hinges. As My Father went to the hardware store, all I could do was inspect the damage and go around to the back to make sure nothing was stolen or vandalized. As far as I can tell, nothing was (especially the shed, the only place where anything of value would be). My parents suspected someone wanted to fuck with us. But I've seen the nails that was supposed to hold the door against the hinges, and they were getting kind of loose. With the wind we had last night, I could believe that it just pulled off.

Father behaved himself after he came back. In fact, we made a little father-son project out of putting the door back together. Unfortunately, all the plans I made today -- donating the extra bread I bought, along with my brother's books and my clothes; going to this place that might have Father's business documents; going to a different Sam's Club to see if they can change my sunglasses' lenses -- was completely derailed. This is the first time in a goddamn month I actually make a to-do list in my Franklin Quest and I can't do a fucking thing because My Father's home because a door broke? Today, on this damn day?! Whatever.

No comments:

Post a Comment