Wednesday, October 5, 2011

I had planned on not using my cash money yesterday (Tuesday). I just went on vacation and burned through a hell of a lot of money, so I wanted to give my wallet a break and not take it out so much. I knew I would be using it plenty for the next week.

But I don't remember when I intentionally wanted to use my credit card on days when I didn't want to use cash. It's been so long that, when I went to have coffee after helping out at the store, I just naturally reached into my wallet and used cash to pay for my blended mocha. Only just after I gave her my money did I remember the promise I made to myself.

But then I rethought it. And I remembered that I have a credit card bill of, gulp, one thousand dollars this month. A lot of it had to do with my trip to Miami, and there are many big purchases I just have to put on my credit card, like gas. But there were also a lot of incidental, small charges that I also put on my card. I have to pay for it anyway, but what if I paid for those smaller charges with cash instead of charging it? I would burn through my wallet at a faster rate than I would just using my credit card, but maybe I need the wake-up call of noticing how often I buy stuff. Maybe then that would influence me to stop buying so much, and without a steady job, maybe that's the right thing to do.

So even though I'm upset that I forgot the vow I made to myself, in the end I'm not certain that it's the end of the world.


No comments:

Post a Comment