Thursday, October 27, 2011

The only time I was going to work at The Store was today. First time I was coming in in the morning. Had to leave around noon for an interview, but got done at 10 after dropping off my piss and finding a place that will print out my resume from my flash drive.

However, I didn't want to get there too early, plus I was tired, so I pulled over somewhere around Dinkytown to take a quick nap. Got to The Store at 10:30. Thankfully it was still open. In fact, there were a couple guys chatting up My Father, and later a couple came to get some things.

At 11:30, about a half-hour before I planned on going, My Father asked me if I could fill up a propane ticket for him. Sure -- which means I have only worked an hour at The Store. I will be so upset if this is the -- gulp -- last week it's open.

When I come back, it's just about time for me to leave. While putting down the tank in the back (with the lights out, in order to conserve energy *shudder*), I think My Father mutters something about "he ... won't let me" or something, then he puts an open box on the tank.

What the fuck does that mean? Who's "he," and why does My Father have to hide the propane tank? Is The Store -- gulp -- already sold, and now he's disobeying orders from the new owners of The Store?

What the fuck?

No comments:

Post a Comment