Tuesday, October 4, 2011

This Day In The Impending Death Of The Store

Things look normal. Well, the main thing was I had a store to go back to.

But when walking around I turned around. There, on the aisle, was a handmade sign, made just from a sheet of paper by Father. They're selling the item, some kind of sauce, for a buck.

I walked around and saw a couple more signs -- five bucks for an entire box of tea, two-for-ones on something else.

Everything must go prices. Everything must go, indeed.

---

I got to the store early after dropping off my piss and not getting an e-mail reply from the U. Good to finally get there at a decent time.

Apparently, tomorrow is a special day to commemorate dead loved ones, so this afternoon Father and I went to the cemetery to see Grandmother, his Mother. (What should I call her -- Real Grandmother? Dead Grandmother? Real Dead Grandmother?)

He didn't lecture me on finding a job or going back to school, thank God. However, while we were leaving the cemetery, he mentioned that he's still trying to sell the store.

Two things. First, don't scare me like that. It's depressing, and we're already in a cemetery. And second, I thought you already had a plan in place, selling the store. I'm not saying I thought you had a buyer, but I thought that you already knew what to do when you started, um, tearing down the business.

So, Father, what are you saying -- that if you can't find a buyer, you're just going to keep the store? Or that you're going to keep it open for the time being?? Really???

No comments:

Post a Comment