Monday, October 24, 2011

Latest Sign In The Death Of The Store

I get home at half past 12 tonight (worked the Packers game and then went to the Hooters at the Mall of America, then My Favorite Stripclub [Non-Cover Category], then to eat at My Favorite Late Night Hang-Out Place) and My Father calls for me from his computer room. He said it in a way that made me think he was pissed at me for coming home late. I called home at 9:30 and they wanted me to buy a gallon of milk, so he must have been furious that I did all this over the course of three hours, even considering I told them I was just leaving work and wanted to have dinner out (that's a lie -- I was done since 6:30).

So I was expecting a tongue-lashing. Instead, My Father asked me for one of his usual ridiculous, impossible-to-meet requests for a contraption that may or may not exist. Tonight he wanted me to find inventory software. I remember Mother asking me this several years ago; I looked at one thing that was a thousand bucks, but I never told her because I thought she would never go for it. But that was before they were shutting down The Store, of course. Maybe things are different now.

What scares me are the scant details he gave me concerning why he wants this software. Did he say some company is now buying his inventory? And what's this about San Francisco? Man, every time I go in there it's like a little piece of me is dying.

No comments:

Post a Comment