Monday, October 31, 2011

Once The Most Overplayed Music Video On The Country Network

Does anybody have The Country Network where they live? It's one of those "sub channels" that all the local stations syndicate now that digital opens up so many frequencies for them.

Like I have said before, I hate country. But the novelty of seeing an entire channel devoted to music videos, like TCN and THECOOLTV, makes me tune in. The visual of a music video makes the song much more palatable to listen to. And I've actually started to like several songs I've seen on the channel, The Band Perry's "If I Die Young" and Toby Keith's "As Good As I Once Was" being a couple examples.

But like a Top 40 radio station, both channels disproportionately play really popular songs (and thus videos). Up until a couple months ago, every time I switched over to the channel, they would play this song by a guy named Luke Bryan named "Country Girl (Shake It For Me)." I initially liked it because it featured hot girls shaking their asses. But I got done with the video, and the cotton candy pop-country tune that goes with it, the millionth time it was played.

I was going to write about it, but then I forgot, and then it fell out of rotation. I could have blogged about it anyway, but I didn't think it would be fair to write about something that was being played incessantly when it wasn't. So I made myself a deal: I'll write about it as soon as I see it again.

Well, it took me a couple weeks of going to that channel for the sole purpose of hoping I'd stumble into see it, but this afternoon, while switching during the football games' commercials breaks, I went over to The Country Network and guess what I saw?



If you flip over to the station now, you may never see it. But I did, so here's the blog.

One other thing. The girl they get around to featuring, what I guess would be the "winner" of the audition -- do you think she's hot? She's got a very nice body, and like Mr. Bryan said, the country girl can shake it for him. But it's her eyes that kind of put me off. They're too small and beady.

Ah, whatever, I'd still fuck her.

No comments:

Post a Comment