Saturday, October 12, 2024

I Can't See The Northern Lights And It's Pissing Me Off

Apparently, the Northern Lights are, like, fucking going off right now.  The Sun, I guess, is in the middle of an 11-year cycle where it's really active, so not only are the lights more vibrant, they can be seen farther and farther south -- to, like, where I live.

But goddammit, I can't see them.  I try looking out my window for them, but I don't see shit.  I haven't seen shit all this week, where apparently everybody's seeing the northern lights except me.  And those people don't even have to go north to get away from all the artificial light.  They're just looking up through their window and the skies are dancing in greens and purples.  I know they are because those fucking people post their beautiful photos on Twitter, and that pisses me off even more.  You goddamn right I have FOMO, and if I still can't see the aurora borealis just by looking up, and if I still have people fuckin' shoving photos in my face of the northern lights they see as they lie in their bedrooms, I'm gonna go off.

No comments:

Post a Comment