Thursday, July 23, 2009

The Title Of This Blog Post Is, My Parents Didn't Know I Had A Laptop

So I was writing all day at home on my laptop, which I put in my sister's room. I ran a scan for my computer, and it does one of those things where I have to reboot it. So I decided to wait till I'm done with my Internet surfing and writing before I shut it off. And I'll give it some time to recharge while it reboots. In fact, I'll let it even more time to recharge while I go outside and weed. I'll come back and unplug it and put it away after I come back inside.

They come home. We eat dinner. My father gets the mail because I forgot to get it. I look through it to see that I have a piece of mail and my sister does, too. I sometimes get her mail and throw it on her bed, but I didn't this time because it looked like another card offer. I let my Mother handle it.

After dinner, after I shut the door, I hear footsteps outside my door -- fast steps, so it's one of my parents, not my Grandmother. I mute my TV because I know she'll knock on my door, but she doesn't. She goes into my sister's room. I don't hear the rhythmic sound of her feet, then I do; therefore, she paused. But she walks down the hall, past my room. Phew.

It's 1 in the morning. Time for me to surf the Internet again. I go into my sister's room. There's my sister's letter from today. It wasn't a card offer; it was an actual statement my mom threw in there.

I look at my laptop, still plugged in. I forgot to put it away.

My Fucking Mother now knows I own a laptop. She will tell My Fucking Father, and they'll confront me about it, and I'll have to kill them for getting on my ass for buying a laptop.

If only I had remembered to put away my laptop.

If only I had took my sister's goddamn mail myself.

I hate myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment