Sunday, July 26, 2009

For The First Time In I Think In Years I Have Driven Over 100 Miles In My Car In A Day

Took my Grandmother to buy groceries ... then to the library ... then down to the new building where the radio station I used to work at is now housed, just in case my parents ask ... then to this old mall I haven't been in in years ... then up north for harness racing ... then back through the heart of the metro to Uptown to drink coffee ... then back close to my house for late-night Italian before going home.

The last time I pulled 100 miles in my own car was when I took My Father up to St. Cloud, where he just needed to see the same doctor that treated my sister for something because he didn't trust anybody closer in the metro area.  I still remember that.  I was working late nights then, and he told me he'd be done by noon.  We got done by 7 in the evening.  Afraid I'd fall asleep that night at work.

No particular reason I had to drive so far.  It's just that it's summer, there ain't a fuckin' thing to do, and I don't want to just sit around and invite an argument with My Fucking Father, which would happen because there ain't shit to do on a Saturday afternoon.  So I drive, for a long time and far away.

No comments:

Post a Comment