Thursday, July 16, 2009

The One Thing Really Pissing Me Off About Stories Covering The Announcement Of The Wild's Schedule Next Year:

And mind you, it's not the schedule I'm angry about, it's the coverage of it: There's all this talk about "revenge games" -- Marian Gaborik and the Rangers come to the X All Hallow's Eve, Jacques Lemaire and New Jersey comes home New Year's Post, Martin Havlat returns to Chicago Oct. 26 -- yet they don't talk about the "revenge games" that matter the most: The Bastard North Stars returning home to the place they belong before being stolen from us by that son-of-a-bitch Norm Green. Dallas (ugh) come home Nov. 7 and Apr. 10, the season-ender. But no, the stories I read don't think that's important. Shit, I remember seeing someone somewhere point out when fuckin' Stephane Veilleux and Kurtis Foster and Tampa Bay will be coming into town. But the franchise that was taken from us doesn't deserve a single sentence? Are you fuckin' kidding me? Look here at the Strib and here at the PiPress -- no mention of fuckin' Dallas. Makes me puke.

And what's worse is that no one else seems to give a crap, even though they should. What may hurt me more than the relocation of the North Stars is the fear that most Wild fans don't care about it anymore, and not noticing that the media isn't highlighting the Dallas games makes me shake my head. Why the lack of outrage? Is it because we have a team now? It isn't the same, and it doesn't make it right. Are people so disgusted they want no part of the North Stars? It sure as fuck doesn't belong to Dallas, who didn't even give a shit about Neal Broten, Brian Bellows and Bill Masterton until that fucking thief Green gave them our team. The North Stars belong to us, and I'm doing my damndest to keep the players, the statistics, the accomplishments (meager as they are) and the history alive. I feel, though, that I'm the only one who's this passionate about this permanent injustice, and that makes me sad.

North Stars Forever!!! Now, who's with me?

No comments:

Post a Comment