Sunday, March 9, 2014

All I Wanted To Do Is Get Some Coffee And Now My Car Is Fucking Broken

Spent time after watching Edina beat the living shit out of Lakeville North to repeat as high school hockey boys' AA state champions driving to Uptown for some coffee at Caffetto.  But they were closed for a private party, so I had time to kill and wanted to try other places for the first time in a long time.  Big changes: The place I used to go to has lost all their parking, and now closes at midnight instead of 1.  Two other places I wanted to go to closed at 11, which is way too early.

Oh yeah, I digress when I should be wailing in despair at the unfairness of it all.  To drive home from Uptown to home I use Hennepin Ave. North, what I consider the main drag of Uptown.  It is also notorious for potholes, a result of being the main drag of a popular spot for nightlife in the area.  Add to that the horrible weather followed up by our recent thaw that has made those holes, that were stretched out by the frozen water, which then evaporated during the thaw, stick.  And I'm pretty sure I drove over every single one of those goddamn things on my way to the highway.

Now, as bad and annoying as they are, nothing has happened, thank God.  Yeah, I need to avoid them, and I hear that bad things have happened to other people.  But not to me ... at least not until this, when I started to hear a sound coming from the back end of my side of the car.  It seems like a whirring or possibly a grinding sound.  It stops when the car stops, but is bad especially when I turning the corner.  Uh-fucking-oh.

I had a similar thing happen once when I got into an accident.  It was a slippery off-ramp plus a tight corner where I damaged the front left side of my car.  After that I heard a loud grinding noise (louder than this) that I lived with until I finally took it into the dealership, who, after riding along with me, the mechanic diagnosed as a wheel bearing, which cost me $500 to fix.  I don't know if it'll be any cheaper now that I go to an independent mechanic, but it will cost me money -- money that I don't have, money that I would rather have spent on my whores now that my parents will be out of town for a few days.

And all I wanted to do was get some fucking coffee.

No comments:

Post a Comment