Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Expenses Without Receipts

Starting from Monday, March 24:
  • Sunday the 23rd ... After getting home around midnight and immediately going to bed, I woke up around 7.  Decided I didn't want to see my parents and didn't have anything really to do at home (what, clean my room?  Fuck that) and so I left to work on my computer at a coffeeshop where I usually get a mocha and a cookie, the latter of which I believe has been discounted from $1.59 or so to 99 cents.  That makes the total a lot cheaper than before, even with tip: $5.26.
  • Then I took a quick trip to the mall closest to me.  Earlier last week I was at the mall and Girl Scouts were selling cookies.  I didn't have any money to spare to buy them then, and one of the mothers from the troupe said that this weekend was the last day.  I wanted some to snack on while grading, and I don't think I bought any the year before.  So, if Sunday was the last day, I made sure I got a box.  Trefoils, if you want to know: $4.
  • On Saturday the 22nd I was nervous about doing charity work; it was the first time I was ever there.  So I ate lunch at Quizno's.  Used a coupon to pay for one of their new pastas.  Too small for what I paid.  With Coke and tip: $8.50.
  • It went well, the event.  Then went to the Mall of America to return a couple of USB power adapters Mother told me to give back because they were too expensive for me to give to her as gifts.  Whatev.  I then went to St. Paul for the championship of the Big Ten Hockey Tournament.  I thought I would have a lot of time, specifically 2 1/2 hours or so, to leisurely eat at Cossetta.  But with going down to the Megamall, traffic and tending to my car (more on that later) I actually didn't.  I did have time to get to Cossetta and see that the place was packed and there were lines everywhere.  But I was able to get a couple sample squares of their pepperoni foccacia pizza, which was really good.  And then I went to the game, where Wisconsin came back from a 4-2 deficit for a 5-4 overtime victory over Ohio St. even though the Badgers didn't need to win this game because they were in regardless.  Scalped ticket, hot dog and souvenir-sized Coke: $32.75.
  • Finally wound up at My Favorite Stripclub (Non-Cover Edition) for coffee and tips: $10.
  • Friday, March 21 ... After leaving late for my last day at work (I can't believe I promised my boss I wouldn't bill him for overtime!  Oh well, I'll make it up to him by slacking off at work next season, if I go back next season), I finally got my butt to downtown Minneapolis and the National Collegiate Hockey Conference Tournament semifinals.  I got there with about 7 1/2 minutes left in the second period of the first game between Denver and Western Michigan (Denver eventually won 4-3).  I don't think I've ever showed up that late into a game, but that's what happens when I leave work at 5 when I should have left a bit past 3:30.  (Shit, the more I think about it, the more I feel I'm allowing myself to be taken advantage of if I don't demand overtime pay.)  Scalped ticket, program, hot dog and chips at the outdoor festival (which nobody attended because it was in the twenties) and a Coors Light in a souvenir cup: $58.50.
  • Finished my evening at Caffetto, with a mocha.  With tip: $3.50.
  • On Wednesday the 19th I slummed it at Pizza LucĂ© to think about my bracket over their appetizer sampler and a free beer of their special stout, something called Ten Fiddy or something.  I wanted to say that I enjoyed the beer, but to be honest, it was so bitter that I think it stopped me from eating my food faster.  Something watered down, like Coors Light, and I would have been home sooner than 11:30.  With tip: $14.
  • March 17th, aka my birthday ... after this interview I went to My Favorite Stripclub (Non-Cover Version) to unwind and celebrate.  Damn, the foursome working this shift were awesome!  And I was finally able to get a lapper from *****a, a relative newcomer to this place.  Blonde, sassy with big tits and a buxom figure, I needed this ex-bank employee to grind all over my hard dick.  With coffee and stage tips: $31.
  • Saturday, March 15: Went to the library to print out my ticket to the Twin Cities Auto Show: 10 cents.
  • Went to said Auto Show.  Stayed only 2 1/2, 3 hours.  I've never stayed for such a short time, at least not willingly.  Maybe I got bored.  Maybe I wanted to get home at a decent hour so as not to rile the ire of My Fucking Father, who is either giving me the silent treatment or remains groggy from his operation back on Monday.  Or maybe I'm starting to feel it's futile to look at cars I can't afford to buy.  But a guy can dream, can't he?  I mean, that's what the Twin Cities Auto Show is for, right?  OK, I'm convinced it was a good idea to go.  Anyway, they allowed food trucks in the Minneapolis Convention Center.  First time I've ever seen that, for the Auto Show or for any other event.  I got some tater tots from the Tot Boss food truck.  It says they're gluten-free.  They taste like any other tater tots I've had -- not to say they were bad, they were great, but nothing different or special.  And since they required people paying for food to go to a cash register to pay, I didn't have to leave a tip, so it came out to: $4.50.
  • Afterward I wanted to treat myself in these dynamic days to a trip to My Favorite Stripclub (Non-Cover Division).  Need to say this: One of the girls there is a five-dollar girl, therefore I giver her no money.  But I have seen this woman the last, oh, five or six times I've popped into this place.  It's weird that whenever I'm there, she's there.  This must be a sign or something.  Coffee and tips: $9.
  • On Friday the 14th I wanted to go to this party.  But when I showed up, the host was in sweats.  The party, in fact, was next week.  Shit, I thought, I really should have checked her text one last time because I was afraid it was next week.  I had half a mind to ask her if I could get a dance from her anyway, just to make my drive to her house worth it.  Hell, I had a quarter of mind to take out my dick in front of her at the stoop.  But I was afraid she actually had company, like a niece or nephew.  So, my trip to My Favorite Stripclub (Non-Cover Edition) would have to suffice.  And there I did get a dance, from *****y, someone who occasionally has worked the party I thought was going on Friday.  Her, stage tips for her and another girl and no coffee because the waitress there thinks she hates me (I don't, but I will if she doesn't get my coffee on a day I want it): $24.
  • And then I went to Caffetto for pie and mocha.  With tip: $7.
  • Tuesday, March 11 was a hell of a day: I actually had to take time away from work to quickly clean up the house because my parents were coming home a day early.  I might expound on that if I get the chance in a blog post.  But they told me all of this during lunch, and the phone call prevented me from getting in my midday nap, so I decided to get Mexican chicken chili from the eatery across the street from work.  With tip: $3.50.
Calling it.  Caught up through March 24.

No comments:

Post a Comment