Monday, August 24, 2009

The New Normal

I was hoping nine days away and a heart-to-heart between her and my sister would help smooth things over with mom, but it hasn't.  She still hasn't talked to me, and she (and my father) still isn't eating dinner at home.  My Fucking Mother is still mad at me -- maybe for that "33 years" comment, maybe for something else, maybe for all of those things.

What can I do?  Wait it out, or just accept this.  I will not go up to her and apologize, but I'll do what I can to apologize through intermediaries, which right now has to be dad.  In the meantime, I will do what I consistently underestimate myself to do: look on the bright side of things.  After a screaming Mother there's a slient Mother, and with her going all batshit crazy (not just at home but at work too, according to Grandmother, so take that with a grain of salt), Father has to become the Sane One, which means no screaming Father either.  What will soon be a painful quiet in the house is to me, right now, a welcome peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment