Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Spooked By A Clipboard Activist

I can't believe I did this this afternoon.  I was walking to Commons at the U., spacing out like I usually do.  But when I get there, I see this girl in a yellow shirt holding a clipboard.  Oh no -- you're not going to ask me about ... the environment!  Yes, I like the environment, but I don't to sign anything and I don't want to talk to you ... sorry ... please?

I actually froze in place for a second.  And then, my God, I shuffled my feet and started to walk backward.  Then I stopped again, waited for other people to walk between her and me so I would have "cover," and then I ran into Commons.  Man, if I was just out there hanging out and I saw me do what I did, I'd think I was a complete moron.

And worse yet, I did it to the woman stationed on the other side of Commons as I left.

No comments:

Post a Comment