Saturday, July 10, 2010

She Bogarted My Exercise Machine

I've seen a lot of things at one of the two places I work out at. This one is bigger and more modern with more amenities. And, it's also much more expensive.

Anyway, so earlier this week I was wiping down a weight machine to work out my skinny arms. There are stations where the alcoholic spray bottles and towels are. What I do is take the spray bottle and a towel and bring it over to the machine so I can wipe it down real good. No one is as thorough (clean, I think) as I am, and very few people even wipe down the machine after they're done with it. More on this later, hopefully.

However, no one, and I mean no one, has the foresight to wipe down the machine before they use it. Why not? You have no idea if the person before you was responsible. They could be giving you MRSA, and I ain't gettin' no MRSA.

I pass by this woman as I'm putting the spray bottle back. She's short and kind of stocky, with a face that looked like it had work done -- possibly unfinished or even failed work, because she looked older than she could be, if you know what I mean. Anyway, I had a bad feeling about this. And sure enough, as I reached the bottle-and-towel station, she took my machine, the one I just prepared for my own personal use.

Damn her! Well, I shouldn't act all that angry. I knew this was going to happen at some point: Someone thinks I'm wiping down a machine I'm done with and leaving instead of wiping down a machine I'm going to use and coming. Still pissed, though. I needed that muscle training to burn more calories.

No comments:

Post a Comment