Sunday, July 11, 2010

Need to get this off my chest. So I'm working on my laptop, and I hear stirrings outside. Guessing it's my Grandmother. Even though I don't see the hallway light outside my door turn on, I go outside to check if she needs anything, just to nip things in the bud.

As if she anticipated me coming out like the dutiful grandson I've always been, there she was at the kitchen table, just about to sit down, with her blood pressure monitor in her hands. She wanted my help checking it -- and she knew she wouldn't have to get me because I always come running.

I do it ... and in the mean time my laptop, the one where I'm typing all this right now, was very low on power. I get done with my Grandmother and sit down at my desk ... and then the laptop goes out. It just went into hibernation-due-to-low-energy mode. Dammit. So I have to get out the plug, something I could've/should've done before and plug it all in. I wish that could have stopped the shutdown process on my laptop, but it doesn't. Instead I had to wait until it went into actual hibernation, and then pushed the power button the very next millisecond.

Everything's fine. No bit deal at the end of it all, but still.

No comments:

Post a Comment