Monday, July 5, 2010

OK, so about a week or so ago I was taking a shit during my usual break from "work" at the U. All of a sudden I hear a man walk into the bathroom. Not ideal, but I'll deal.

The footsteps didn't stop, however. He didn't stop at the sinks. And my fucking God, he didn't stop at the urinals, either. All of a sudden I hear this onrushing steps and a burst through the door -- my bathroom door! I have to reach out with my hand to keep him from opening more of the door and seeing me in my altogether. I go "Whoa!" and he quickly apologizes before he ... fuck, I don't remember where he went after that, I was just freaked out.

There are two things that I'm still pissed off about with this incident:

1) Why in the fuck did this guy not check to see if there was anybody in the stall? The first goddamn thing I do when I enter a bathroom at the U. is crouch to see if I can see any feet in front of the toilets. If there are, I give that man his privacy and I leave to find another bathroom. But no, this guy just comes in like he owns the fucking bathroom and just barges into my stall and almost sees my shit and dick. If I know this guy, that would have been really embarrassing. I might have had to quit this job right then and there.

2) Am I not able to lock a bathroom stall door? This locks by moving a latch from side to side. That's it. It has liked every single time -- well, I think it has -- before. And it wasn't ajar when I sat down to begin my bowel movement. I had no reason to believe it was unlocked. Therefore I am shocked, confused and angry as to how I didn't lock it. It's a simple thing; how does that not work? And it just so happens that if this was the first time this has ever happened, I would have to pay by being almost walked in on.

No comments:

Post a Comment