Wednesday, July 28, 2010

And Now I Forget My Laptop ... On The Front Stoop

Forgetting my keys in the trunk keyhole out in the middle of the street is bad enough.  But this might be worse.

I had these orchestrated plans yesterday afternoon.  I wanted to go to a Lynx game last night (don't even bother asking till the WMNSS later this week) and I had to go to "work" at the U.  Although there was some time between them that I didn't really want to spend passing out in public, I decided to bring my laptop with me because it'd make no sense to drive back home and then downtown if I was going to be so close.

I also remembered to turn off the sprinkler in the backyard.  So I opened the front door, put down my computer bag, went out to the back to turn off the sprinkler, come back, get in my car and drive off.

It took me until I popped open my trunk once I parked at "work" to realize that I didn't bring my laptop with me.  For God's sake, it took me until I wanted to take my laptop to remember that I left it at the front stoop.  With everyone able to see, and to take it.

What pisses me off and worries me so goddamn much is that I was telling myself as I was out the door, "Don't forget the laptop, don't forget the laptop ..." and that's exactly what I fuckin' do.  I get into these phases sometimes, usually in the summer when it's hot and I lose all sense, where I misplace or outright lose things.

Thank Buddha I didn't move out of the house.  On my way to the U. I called my Grandmother (who, luckily for me, had not gone to her dental appointment yet) and she was able to bring it back in.  And since I think I needed to use my laptop after the game at least, I was forced to waste gas and money going back home, then going to the Lynx game.  I had to make it worth my while, so I decided to turn on the air conditioning for my parents and take a nap.  The nap, in particular, was awesome.

It takes me actually losing something before I finally pay enough attention and be careful of not forgetting things. I hope that doesn't happen to me now.

No comments:

Post a Comment