Saturday, July 3, 2010

Rejected For A Job By The Temp Agency Today!

Mentioned that I had to cancel an interview downtown for a job that looked to be mine because my uncle went to the hosptial.  Well, I thought I had to delay going there two weeks because this Friday (I needed to go to this strip club on a Friday because I was told one of my All-Time Favorites would surely be there on a Friday) was the 4th of July Holiday Weekend, and I'd have to take my parents to the airport today. But they had to cancel because they had to tend to the store because my uncle was on bedrest. Ironically, my uncle was the reason I had to push back my interview/stripclubbin' two weeks, then was the reason I got to move it up a week.

I e-mailed the same person that I had to postpone that I could come in. It wasn't really an interview; all I had to do was hand over my Social Security card. I needed to ask a few questions, and then I'd start work. Most importantly, I was told chances were good I had a job available whenever I wanted to start. And you have to believe me that I was ready to get back to work. I still am.

So I e-mailed her Wednesday. This morning, just in case, I got a reply. Don't bother coming, she said, the job has been filled. Moreover, she yelled at me for having the gall to e-mail her again and to forget what she believe she emphasized in her last e-mail to me, when I had to cancel:

"If you recall my last email, I asked that you give me a call to see if they still have a need since it's been awhile. I am not available today at 11:30am. Also, I don't think we have a need to meet at this point as Wells Fargo does not currently have a need for Data Entry candidates. If they do in the future, I will give you a call. Thank you."

If you recall my last e-mail, I asked that you give me a call. Except that you didn't -- that's what she's saying. I am not available today at 11:30 a.m. Don't bother me -- that's what she's saying. If they do in the future, I will give you a call. I ain't gonna bother talking to you anymore, asshole -- that's what she's saying. Well, I'll be goddamned for trying to be nice.

I am absolutely infuriated over this woman's tone to me. I can't help that my uncle almost died. I wasn't being lackadaisical in my pursuit of this job. I was merely putting my family first, and she and everybody else would do the same -- if they had a heart. To be so dismissed like this, when I expressed my desire to fill this position, when she told me this was a virtual slam dunk, and in the way she curtly brushed me aside like she did ... goddamn, I'm pissed off. This fat chick with a tramp stamp doesn't have the right to treat me this way. Not when I'm at the end of my financial rope.

So I had to do what I didn't want to do: Today I applied for unemployment. I don't want to be one of the people sucking up money, nor do I want to hurt President Obama's fortunes by being another person on the dole. But I have no choice. I need money, now. And if I'm once again rejected for a job for no good goddamn reason, unemployment is where I will go. I blame society.

Of course, I'm going to do the best I can. I still have to look for work; it's been a long fucking time. But if I'm getting money for not working, best thing to do is to make the most of it. It's not "unemployment." It's "funemployment!" And that'll give me enough cash to pay my bills and, hopefully, have a little excitement for the next year or so!

No comments:

Post a Comment