Sunday, September 19, 2010

So I had a long day yesterday and I passed out immediately after hitting my bed at 2:30 a.m. When I woke up I remembered that I wanted to go to my MySpace and type down my betting picks for this week's NFL games. Luckily it was 11:30 a.m. and I had a half-hour to do it.

But then I remembered that My Father usually unplugs the modem. And even though I was well rested, I didn't really want to roll out of bed just then to do that. Well, I then thought, maybe he didn't. So I took out my laptop and turned it on and ... he didn't turn it off. The logo in the lower right of my screen wasn't an "x." However, there wasn't a circle, either. Shit; the modem was plugged in, but was on the blink.

I was willing to get out of bed and go downstairs to fix it; that's how pissed off I was over this circumstance. But then I heard a series of splashes outside. That's the sound of my Grandmother throwing water on the floor. That's how she wets it so she can mop it. And I didn't want to get my feet wet. So even though I had the time, I let the half-hour go by without blogging about my NFL picks. I didn't like missing a week, but look at all the things that conspired against me.

No comments:

Post a Comment