Monday, November 8, 2010

OK, I thought I'd lost my job after my piss-poor performance last time, but, yes, it turns out I had nothing to worry about because I worked for them again yesterday.  Well, now I think I lost my job after a run-in I had with the company my company works with.

I'll keep this as vague as possible so I don't incriminate myself.  I was told by the people I work for to get something from the company my company works for.  I basically made a promise that I'd return these things when actually the people I work for kept them.

They told me not to worry about it.  I ran into one of the people from the company my company works for.  I should have noted that when I introduced myself and the company I was working for, he noted that of course I was working for them because I was wearing my company's gear.

Little did I know I was a crossroads.  In retrospect, I should've kept my mouth shut; no one would've been the wiser.  Instead, I confessed that I made a mistake when I promised to return them.  I asked this guy if they could keep them.

And that's when this person turned into a preening, grade-A jackass.  He started demanding who asked for them.  Then he threatened to have his bosses speak to my bosses; reading between the lines, he said it wouldn't end well for me if he had to "resort" to that.  Finally, he told me to get them back.  Thankfully, the people I work for told me to return it to them.

What an asshole.  There was no reason to pull such a power trip.  First of all, these things aren't all that precious, except to his dumb ass.  And second, he's an assistant.  That still makes him several pay grades over me, but that's the only good thing about living life in the bottom of the professional totem pole: You can tell it like it is and you don't have to shovel figurative shit for a living.

I'm sure he's petty enough that he still might get me fired over this.  I wouldn't put it past him to try.  Worse yet, I have to work with him again.  What's the next run-in going to be like?  Is he done with it, or is he going to be a prick again?  And will I be forced to defend myself?

I am still so angry and upset over his treatment of me.  And I still don't know whether he wanted to come after me, Lowly Day Laborer Guy, or not.  On the one hand, he seems to be the type to be a miserable jackoff to everybody he meets.  Then again, before I left, the people I worked for told me they did, in fact, get the items I initially got them.  Turns out that somebody else in the company I work for -- somebody higher up, natch -- got them.  So maybe this douchebag's problem isn't the request, but the requester.

And of course I won't be able to do anything about it if I'm never hired again.

No comments:

Post a Comment