Monday, November 29, 2010

Thanksgiving Weekend Post-Mortem, Part I

So many bad things are happening now that the weekend is over and my parents are coming back from Vegas.  First thing: When I was driving Mother home and told her I didn't buy any of the things she wanted me to buy at the hardware store because one of the items was no longer on sale because it was a Black Friday price, she wondered why I didn't go shopping before I went to fill in for them at work Friday morning.

I didn't know she wanted me to do that.  And she may have told me to do that.  I remember, before my 'Rents went on vacation, that she didn't want me to line up when they opened at 5 a.m. like I did last year.  I assumed that that meant that I could buy these anytime.  Except that I couldn't, it turns out.

Mother wasn't mad.  Thank goodness.  Because I feel like I let her down and squandered the chance to get her the things she wanted.

No comments:

Post a Comment