Saturday, November 6, 2010

Catching Up On An Embarrassing And Pathetic Thing That Happened To Me This Week

I have a lot of downtime at "work" because I'm told to take a lot of breaks while listening to the bloops and bleeps that are my job to differentiate.

Oftentimes when I'm letting my ears rest I do paperwork.  One of those paperwork tasks is writing down expenses in my day planner.  That's why I always ask for receipts if I can get them.

This Monday at the U. I reached in my backpack to get my pens.  Then I tried to find my day planner.  It was not there.  Shit, I remembered it was in my laptop bag when I was carrying it around.

I made an effort to remember to take the day planner from my laptop bag to my bookbag, even as I was lugging my laptop around to write everywhere.  So on Thursday I was confident that I'd finally be able to catch up on my expensing.

So I reach into my bookbag to take out my day planner ... and I realize that I won't be doing anything productive that day either ... because I left my pens ... in the laptop bag.

Fuck my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment