Monday, March 7, 2011

Bad, Stalking Telemarketer

I generally try to be pleasant with telemarketers -- so long as my parents aren't around; they want me to be gruff towards them because they're antisocial -- because, so long as they're being courteous to me, I don't want to sound like an asshole. But I will be firm once they solicit an offer. "No thanks," I say, and they give me good goodbye because I'm one of the few who don't hang up on them or curse them out.

So it kind of pisses me off when I patiently listened to a spiel for insurance from what I believe was an actual human and I respond with, "No thanks, I'm pretty happy with what I got," I hear a long pause and then another voice, possibly computerized, say, "OK, we'll have one of our agents get back to you." Are they really going to do that? Did they actually listen to my no, or did they want to say that just to piss me off. AAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment