Thursday, July 12, 2012

Construction Workers Suck

How many stories have you heard about a woman being strangled to death, or a girl getting raped, in her own home?  How many times was the guy who did it a person working on that home?

That is why they suck.  A disproportionate amount of people in landscaping and/or home-building are criminals.  Understandable, to a point: I remember the very first season of the U.S. version of Big Brother (not too bad compared to the VD fests succeeding seasons were).  Chicken (Shit) George (I call him Chicken [Shit] because there was an All-Star version of BB and he basically turned the course of the season when he decided to side with the bad people because they were the cool kids and he wanted to be cool too, unlike his days in school where of course he wasn't one of them), who was an owner of a home remodeling company at the time, was talking outside with another cast member/hamster.

This season, which was overseen by a production company that was junked in favor of another one that amped up the trash factor, was great in that it tried to air some deep conversations about actual meaningful things.  This (heavily paraphrased) conversation eventually went to the fact that many of the people he employs have criminal records:

"What's the word one of your guys did?" asked the other contestant.

"I don't know, assault?" Chicken (Shit) George replied.

"Why do you hire them?" the other person asked.

"Well, they have to find a way to make a living," Chicken (Shit) George said.

So, yeah, that's why so many construction workers go on to rape and kill women ... OK, I guess I kind of went off on a tangent.

Anyway, Tuesday there were two guys who, to my surprise, were back at the house and installing stone walls in the kitchen.  One of them wore a red shirt sporting the name and logo of Chivas, a famed Mexican soccer team.  I was leaving the house early in the afternoon.  He was headed out the door right behind me.  Being a nice guy, I opened the door for him.  Instead of saying thank you, all he did was look straight ahead.  Asshole.

And it burned me even more when I heard Father chatting him and the other guy up later that afternoon.  My Fucking Father always seems to be doing that, putting on a smile, being suddenly gregarious and laughing like a hyena at everything they said.  I hate when he does that.  He's really a cuss that would rather duck into the house rather than start a conversation with a stranger in the neighborhood.

And then it pissed me off even further when this Chivas dick started having a conversation with him, like they were BFFs.  You think My Fucking Father's the shit, yet you can't even give me a decent "thank you" for opening the door for you?

No wonder I have bad feelings that you would try to rape Mother.  That's why I called home late yesterday afternoon, when My Father and I were out and she was back home awaiting them: If she didn't pick up, I would be really scared.  Gladly, she did.  And, they got done affixing the stone wall additions, so Tuesday might have been the last time I had to see that ungrateful shit.

No comments:

Post a Comment