Monday, July 9, 2012

Expenses Without Receipt

OK, picking up from where I left this off on the 15th: The reason why I was confused was because I forgot that I was surprised with a Father's Day buffet, treat by my brother and sister-in-law.  I think I planned on working out that evening, but instead I stuffed my face.  I had no time then except to go to the burlesque show at 10:30.  I could be wrong, but it's been so long, I will take this story as complete.

Moving on:
  • Saturday the 16th was the last weekend of this web series I was helping out on.  I had to bug out a little before they wrapped to get to the second-ranked Minnesota RollerGirls special summer bout in which they upset the top-ranked team in the region, Chicago -- awesome game, awesome win ... wait a second ... I just went on their website and it says that right after the bout the officials reviewed the score and determined there was an error made in scoring.  The official score: 155-155, a tie.  As of mid-June, the time of this press release, the sanctioning body, the Women's Flat Track Derby Association, is figuring out what to do.  Anyway, I had a Pabst Blue Ribbon after I got there.  With tip: $6.
  • After driving around a little bit, I went to an ice cream place in St. Paul.  I wanted to treat myself.  Expensive ice cream, though -- with tip: $5.25.
  • After some more driving around, I decided that even though I had to come in real early for the shoot the next day, it's not every day you can celebrate the most significant win in MNRG history (at least what we thought was a win at the time).  So for the first time ever I went to the roller derby association's afterparty in St. Paul.  Had a Surly on special with tip: $4.
  • I tried out a new community center because the one I usually go to has summer hours where they are closed on the weekends.  This fitness room has an admission of: $6.
  • My Favorite Coffeeshop (Late-Night Division).  Went all-out and got the most expensive drink there, another iced cream coffee concoction.  With tip: $6.25.
  • Saturday the 23rd, I went to another community center.  This one was cheaper, but I had to feed a quarter for a locker.  All told: $4.75.
  • Ice cream in Uptown, with tip: $4.25.
  • Late-night coffee again.  I was one short of filling up my frequent coffee-drinker card.  Usually you had to fill it up, then cash in on your free drink on your next visit.  But this girl, this babe, she punched my card, then allowed me to use it this time around.  Good thing: I went all out on something expensive, either an ice cream drink or an iced mocha.  Thank you, sweetie!  For that I added an extra quarter to a tip amount I usually give when I cash in on a free drink: $1.25.
  • Spent Sunday the 24th at the Nomad World Pub enjoying a Euro tournament game.  They don't serve food, but there was a food truck outside that had great fish tacos and Belgian fries.  I wish I remembered the name.  Anyway, with those items, beer and tips: $18.
  • I then got my hair cut.  With, you guessed it, tip: $14.
  • Monday the 25th: The Dairy Queen at my local mall has a happy hour: Most drinks and shakes are half off from 2 to 4.  Sweet!  Malt for: $2.35.
  • I have switched my allegiances for theaters.  My old one, one I had patronized and racked up some frequent movie-watcher points, early this year raised the prices of their tickets.  I think they did the same thing last year.  It wasn't much of a bargain anymore, even if those prices were the cheapest level you can get.  Meanwhile, one theater on the other side of my house, one that I ignored because I once thought it was expensive for matinee screenings, turned into a bargain.  Day showings are only five bucks.  Moreover (either this was new I never paid any attention to it) Tuesdays they sell small popcorn and pop for $1.50 each.  So on Tuesday the 26th I saw Men In Black 3.  Ticket, popcorn and pop for a very reasonable: $8.
  • Afterward I treated myself to more DQ.  This time it was at a different place, one that did not have a happy hour deal.  I bought a small hot fudge sundae, something I have traditionally bought and eaten at DQ ever since I was young.  Cost: $2.67.
  • Busy day of fun Thursday the 28th.  So I took out some money I earned as Grandmother's PCA.  An infusion of: $76.
  • After going into a tube and getting scanned for only an hour, I went downtown to watch more soccer.  Charged all of it.  Then I went across town for this North Stars reunion which started an hour later than they announced.  In the meantime I was thirsty, so I got a Coke from two vending machines.  It was two because I think the first one was sold out.  I don't really know because it didn't scroll the words "SOLD OUT" on hits 90s screen.  And it didn't return one dime, either, that fucking machine.  It was $1.50, so with that stolen dime: $1.60.
  • Drove down to Hooters to watch the NBA Draft.  Wish they turned up the sound.  Anyway, with tip: $16.50.
  • I then headed to the Turf Club that evening for a concert by Cory Chisel and the Wandering Sons.  Goddamn, these guys are good.  I wanted to buy their new record that came out that week, "Old Believers," but I only had a fifty, and my OCD kicked in and I didn't want to break that fifty.  I did spend money on the cover, a beer and tip: $18.
  • Friday the 29th ... went to the library to print out some letters Father wanted me to write for him.  The fucking printer still doesn't work.  At least somebody left a nickel in the coin change slot: 15 cents.
  • More PCA money to use for the night, an infusion of: $20.
  • Went to work out at the place where I had to pay for a locker.  I won't go back there because 1) their locker room was so fucking nasty with all the standing water everywhere; 2) the benches for the lockers were too far away from the lockers, and I had to get off my ass to reach for my shoes and clothes; and 3) there are no TV's there.  How can I work out without the distraction of TV?  Whatever: $4.75.
  • Late-night coffee ... and this time it really was coffee, because I was spending too much damn money. With tip: $2.
  • Saturday the 30th begins with me taking out more money for spending.  It was only a little bit, though, an infusion of: $8.
  • Remember when Father came after me while we were eating pizza downstairs?  (Well, no one did because according to Blogger stats, no one has read it yet.)  Well, this might be an asshole thing to say and do, but I felt he had to pay for humiliating me.  He gave me money to get the pizza, and there was change, and so I kept the change.  What?  He was going to tell me to keep it anyway.  An infusion of: $9.30.
  • Worked out at the new place that does not charge for a locker.  It extends till 10 while the other one I'm trying out closes at 9.  They have TV's, but they're on silent (though you have a radio I guess you can tune in and hear it through your headphones).  But it's expensive, though.  In the end, I think I'll just stick to my old place; it's drab and further away from me, but it's the cheapest and I get to listen to a TV full blast.  Admission: $6.
  • Deposited that $50 I couldn't bare to part with at the Turf: $50.
  • Treated myself to ice cream because this might have been the first day of our fucking heat wave.  With tip: $3.75.
  • Caffetto: Coffee with tip: $2.
I should stop because this is already too long.  Caught up, I hope, through the end of June.

No comments:

Post a Comment