Friday, July 20, 2012

Expenses Without Receipt

Starting on July 1:

  • On Sunday that 1st I needed some money before going to the Nomad to take in the Euro final.  PCA Infusion of: $50.
  • At the Nomad, I bought a Carlsburg and a Pabst Blue Ribbon, and ordered calamari from the food truck parked outside the bar.  With tips: $18.
  • After seeing Spain beat the living hell out of Italy, I enjoyed some Dairy Queen: $2.67.
  • Monday the 2nd I did something I rarely did: I used cash for gas.  I gambled that the price of a gallon was going to go down later in the week so I spilled a small amount of money, small enough that I didn't need to pull out my credit card.  And since I planned on going to the library and it was fucking hot, I got some dirt-cheap pop at the gas station too.  Total: $10.63.
  • And it was still fucking hot so I treated myself to some more DQ: $2.67.
  • Tuesday the 3rd: My Fucking Father went into the upstairs bathroom and tore out the very old medicine cabinet Grandmother and I used forever to throw the toothpaste tubes in.  I saw this when putting the garbage in my parents' minivan.  Inspecting closer, I saw there was a penny stuck in that cabinet.  I couldn't save the old girl, but I could rescue the penny.  It's still good currency.  An infusion of: $.01.
  • I saw the reboot of Spider-Man, the remake of the franchise that was last on theater screens on ... 2007.  Charged the ticket, but used straight cash, homey for the popcorn and pop.  Thank God this was Stimulus Tuesday: $3.
  • 4th of July: Found money on the ground of the laundry room.  An infusion of: $.06.
  • Before going to the Stars game I needed more money, so I pulled it out of my PCA stash.  An infusion of: $50.
  • Stars game -- ticket, hot dog, and Sprite: $16.
  • Thursday the 5th: I went to the Mall of America.  Why, I forgot.  But I had a coupon to the Jamba Juice there, and now I am a fan ... as soon as I have more coupons.  With tip: $4.50.
  • On to Friday the 6th, where I started my day with a PCA infusion of: $50.
  • I needed to make copies of W-2's to send to the state because I fucked up my initial unemployment application.  Twenty cents apiece?!?!  Total: $.40.
  • Back to the Megamall.  Saw Savages because I had nothing else to do.  Really good.  I liked John Travolta, I liked the Grand Guignol moment when Salma Hayek ripped off her wig, and I loved the false ending.  Taylor Kitsch has made it three flops for 2012, but even though I haven't seen either John Carter or Battleship, this is his best movie, and he deserves better.  Ticket, popcorn and pop: $16.50.
  • Still fucking hot, so DQ: $2.67.
  • Saturday the 7th ... I went to this coffeeshop at the closest mall to me.  Very cheap coffee.  Sadly, I overheard that they were closing because they have bigger digs close the University of Minnesota.  Shit.  Coffee with tip: $1.50.
  • A two-way transaction for the Lynx game that evening.  I had to pay back my friend for the ticket he got for me: $20.
  • But I got a hot dog for him.  I charged it because I was getting a hot dog and Pepsi, so I pocketed the cash he gave me for the food he wanted.  An infusion of: $5.
  • The Lynx lost, so I was bummed.  So I said what the hell and decided to take the light rail down to Hooters to see if I can catch the huge mixed martial arts card.  Didn't get in, but I stood in line, so I was able to see the whole thing without paying for even a drink.  The downside?  I forgot that my ticket could get me on the LRT for free for two hours after the end of the game.  So I paid for fare both going down to MOA and coming back downtown: $3.50.
  • Late-Night Italian afterward.  With tip: $9.50.
  • Sunday the 8th begins with yet another Infusion of: $50.
  • Hanging out with coffee at the mall during the day, with tip: $1.50.
  • Hanging out at Caffetto that night, possibly after visiting Grandmother.  With tip: $4.75.
I should stop it there.  Should be caught up through the 8th.

No comments:

Post a Comment