Saturday, June 30, 2012

Expenses Without Receipt

I had to stop the last time on the 10th because for some damn reason I wrote down on my day planner that I went to Pizza Luce on consecutive days, and even though that could happen, I doubt it.  I decided that I will leave my previous EWR blog as is because I've decided I went Sunday for two reasons: 1) It looked like I wrote down more specific details about what I bought at Pizza Luce for Sunday, leading me to believe I had the good sense to go home and write them down immediately after eating there; and 2) the 11th was the date the Los Angeles Kings won the Stanley Cup, so I don't think I went, nor would have gone, to Pizza Luce to celebrate.

Instead, I think I went to my first entry for this EWR:

  • On Monday the 11th, I went to my second free screening of That's My Boy, your run-of-the-mill Adam Sandler flick.  (Verdict: I was wrong in thinking it'd be a hit.  Sandler still remains a moron with a heart of gold, but even though it wasn't, um, really good, I didn't think it'd flop like it has.)  But at least I ate some popcorn and pop for: $8.
  • I think -- I think -- that instead of Pizza Luce, I was driving from the movie, heard the Kings clinch the Cup on satellite radio, then went to ... Caffetto, where the girl gave me an iced mocha with cold press instead of espresso because she was cleaning the espresso machine.  With tip: $4.75.
  • I try not to make only one cash transaction a day because I'm weird like that.  But on Wednesday the 13th I wrote down that while I was filling up my gas tank I looked down at the ground and saw two nickels.  In The New America, you need to get your money where you can.  An infusion of: 10 cents.
  • Never mind -- I did remember something else I spent money on on Wednesday: The Twins game.  Ticket, hot dog, souvenir pop and scorecard came out to ... fuck me, I'm guessing: $20.
  • In filling out the replies to my health insurance application which the state needed, I went to a library in Dakota County and not only made a copy of my pay stubs but produced a letter that I printed out.  A total of: 30 cents.
  • I then had to go to the post office at MSP to mail this application or else I would lose my health insurance.  Oh, by the way: Thank Buddha for Obamacare!  Cost of postage: 65 cents.
  • And, well, shit, the only thing got on Friday the 15th was the monthly burlesque show I go to.  Did I not do anything else that Friday?  Whatever; cover, coffee, tipping the onstage babes and, for the first time, trying one of the games in the back: $13.50.
This will need updating, but I have to leave My Favorite Coffeeshop (Late-Night Version).  Consider this updated through the 15th.

No comments:

Post a Comment