Friday, June 22, 2012

The First Day Of My Uncertain Future

Last blog post I talked about what I will do now that I have nowhere to go during the day after I lost my job.  The saving grace I had at least for today was that My Father was going to get a colonoscopy very early in the morning, so at least I would avoid them when they realized I wasn't waking up in the morning.

Things seemed OK when I woken up by the commotion by my folks at 7:30, then, after going back to sleep, waking up again naturally before 9 (still have the day schedule wired into my body; have to do something about that ... wait a second, I have to wake up before 9:30 from now on, fuck).  Father left me a voicemail telling me to call him, and when I did, he reminded me of something he told me when I called him yesterday: There's a package that FedEx tried to leave yesterday, and so they wanted me to be home before I told him I would "leave for work" at 10 or 11 today to receive it.  Cool; my plan is to wait until then for any package, then leave before my parents come home whenever they come home.

So it's my surprise that at 9:30, nine-fucking-thirty, I hear the front door open.  I guess that after the colonoscopy the 'Rents decided to come back home.  Either that or that was their plan all along because The Store is now and forever closed.

Either way I felt the anxiety bubble up inside me.  I don't know what to do or how to act now that my parental units are home at 9:30 on a goddamn weekday morning.  At least they didn't act like dicks; Mother made breakfast pho for me, and Father asked me to go through with e-mailing again some curator at one of the local art museums because he has a great-looking piece that he wants to donate.

I left at around 11 with little guff.  So far, so good.  But what about tomorrow, when I don't even have the flimsy excuse of work on the weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment