Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Addendum To: Is This It?

I was always told that with these projects, you are mandated to come every day until it's completed.  You can call in sick, of course, but reasons such as job interviews have to be cleared before you even start the project (provided they will let you even start on the project once you told them you'll be gone).

So what to make of the fact that a person on my "team" hadn't shown up for a week?  We are supposed to sign ourselves in and out every day, and I noticed that this person was absent the last two or three days of last week.  Was she sick, or was it something else?  Was it excused?

And then I saw that another member of my "team," a normal-shaped girl who nonetheless was very attractive to me (and who notably always wore Twins gear) didn't sign in yesterday.  Today, her name and the boxes for her to sign in and out were crossed through.  Could she do that?

Then there was an announcement by the scoring director, where she touched on people leaving.  She said one of them had found a job with benefits; is that Hot Twins Chick?  Some more had already left, she added, and apparently tomorrow a lot more people are going to another project the company is starting on.  That reminded me of the first assignment I had for these guys last year.  Near the end of the project several of them left to go start another test scoring mission in the building where I go to now.

So, in a sense, you can leave a project.  Now, can you leave without an excuse and come back?  I guess it'd still be no, although I assume that Hot Twins Chick and the others who apparently quit in the middle of the project had no intentions of ever working for this company again and don't get what it thinks of them.  But the bottom line is we are finishing with a hell of a lot less people than we started, and some of them have gone on to, I guess, greener pastures.  Meanwhile, a project at the other test scoring company starts tomorrow.  Maybe I should have just made up an excuse and gone over there so I could get more work that extends beyond Friday.

Man, sometimes I'm a damn fool.

No comments:

Post a Comment