Friday, June 29, 2012

A Double Shot Of, "I Didn't Get Back To You?"

Well, my day's shit.  I just got fucked two ways today.

First, I went down to this research center because no one returned my calls inquiring about some studies I was eligible for.  After a few minutes, the lady which I think I left a message with came out and said that, even though I am healthy, I am not eligible for the "Healthy Research Participants" studies because ... um, I have a pre-existing medical condition, let's put it that way.  So that's one potential work avenue closed to me.

Then I called my contact for this production company that's doing Saturday night's Twins game.  I usually work for them when they're in town.  But the contact that I thought would be here is not, and the person who is hiring for the game went with someone else.  He didn't follow the protocol of calling this list where my number's at, he said, but I don't know if there is such a list.  All I know is that I was a rookie once, and the only reason I'm working for these guys is a friend of mine from college decided to break protocol and hiring his own people.  And now, sadly, someone's doing it to me.  I feel like I'm getting pushed out.  At any rate, that's another potential work avenue closed to me.

The worst thing about this is I had to contact them in order to find out my work status with them.  The latter thought he texted me, which is alright.  The former just flat-out didn't get back to me, which I don't care for.

Now what the fuck do I do?

No comments:

Post a Comment