Friday, June 15, 2012

Streetlamp Turned Off = Small Government, No Safety?

I started noticing it in 2011, although it seems to have exacerbated in the past 2-3 months.  There is a huge street lamp at a T-intersection.  Seen it all my life.  It's so much a part of my ambient surroundings that I think it took me a while to notice that it wasn't on at night.  In fact, when I come home late, that light is off.

Coming up the driveway my path is usually lit ... but that was before ... I don't know, local budget cuts?  If that's the case, I think they could leave it on for a little while longer throughout the evening.  Otherwise my city is going to both cause traffic accidents and, I'm afraid, invite more people to assault the unsuspecting if and when a light went dark.

I just don't like this.  At all.

No comments:

Post a Comment