Wednesday, April 3, 2013

More Car Trouble, More Car Suffering

The rough idling is something I've begun to tolerate; as long as the mechanic says it should be OK so long as it doesn't kill the engine or trigger the "Check Engine" light, I can just breathe deeply.  It's still not "OK" OK. I keep hoping that when I put my car into drive that everything would be fine, that I won't get the rhythmic thumping whenever I stop at a light or sign.  I particularly dread it in the afternoon; for some reason it's usually fine when I first drive my car in the morning.  It's in the afternoon -- the drive back home from my test scoring job, for example -- where it's at its worst.

Lately it's been screwing with me.  Monday morning my drive to work was bad, which is out of character.  This (Tuesday) morning it drove just fine.  But after work, just after I turned right onto a road and stepped on the gas, my car ... did not accelerate.  Eventually it did, but after I fucking jammed my foot on the gas.  That scared the shit out of me; there was a lot of afternoon rush traffic that was only a red light away from catching me.  This is the same shit that happened to me last fall: The thumping from my car combined with the  inability to accelerate.  Fucking Christ, I thought The Mechanic Around The Corner fixed this already!

I just looked back at the diagnosis from the huge bill I had to pay for my car the last time this shit happened. $800+ to replace a fuel injector, replace the entire ignition system (cap, rotor, wires) and mess with the valve timing.  This is still under warranty, right?  I might have to fucking go back to these guys to get this shit fixed even though I have no confidence that they know how.

And yet tomorrow my car might not be as bad as it drove today.  The mechanic I now trust, the one who said that my car's not "bad" bad right now, has no fucking idea what it is but wonders if it's weather-related.  It's supposed to reach 50 tomorrow afternoon, so maybe this problem will go away.  (Then again, I've driven this car through temperatures lower than the past two days and some times there was no shuddering.) All I know is I fucking don't know anything, the people I hoped would know don't fucking know anything, I desperately need to make sure my car is functioning, and I have no money to pay for any repairs to keep it functioning.  Fuck my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment