Monday, April 29, 2013

When Did The Last Snow Melt Away At Your Place?

I wanted to write about this last year, but I forgot the date.  However I am at most two days late for the last day that snow was on the grounds of our house.

What I remember was that when Father roped me into digging part of the backyard to make room for a vegetable garden early Saturday afternoon, I saw him dig up snow in another part of the backyard.  I remember seeing some at the front of the house, but unfortunately I don't remember when it all disappeared. So Saturday afternoon was the last time I saw snow around the house.  And since the temperature reached the seventies that day, I will assume -- assume -- that ice-out happened Saturday.

Then again, there are snow showers forecast this week.  Fucking great.

No comments:

Post a Comment